How to Get a Certificate Attested by the UAE embassy?
Certificate Attestation means getting your certificates verified by the Government for legal and personal purposes. Basically, certificate attestation is required for using your documents internationally. Once you have made a choice of migrating to the UAE for some purpose, such as studies, jobs, or permanent settlement, you have to get your documents attested by the UAE Embassy in New Delhi, or the UAE Consulate in Mumbai.
This ensures that the person arriving in UAE is verified by the home country as being the person mentioned on the documents, and is the rightful owner of these documents. This also ensures that the purpose of visit or migration is the same as indicated in the Visa.
Personal documents include the following:
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Death certificate, etc
All these documents are first verified by the State Government and then forwarded to the Ministry of External Affairs. Finally, the documents are attested and verified by the UAE Embassy or UAE Consulate, and then you can use them as required.
Here, we share a stepwise process of getting your certificates attested by the UAE Embassy.
So, read it carefully, and ensure that you read all the official guidelines mentioned on the official government websites for not missing any recent update or change in the application process.
Attestation via Agency
If you don’t wish to do the document attestation yourself, or you are too confused about the process, you opt for the companies offering document attestation services in UAE. These companies offer highly affordable attestation services that you can choose as per your need. All you have to do is pay the fee, submit your documents, and simply wait for the attested documents to reach you. However, we recommend you opt for only reputed companies to avoid getting duped.
Manual Document Attestation
The other way is the manual attestation, in which you have to do all the steps on your own. The steps are mentioned below.
- You have to submit the documents to the Embassy of India, Abu Dhabi, and the Consulate General of India Dubai for initiating the attestation.
- First, the document is attested from the place of its origin. So, the documents are attested by the Home State office. Only then, the certificate will be passed on to the national bodies or national government offices.
- Once the State Government attests the documents, the documents are passed on to the Ministry of External Affairs office in New Delhi.
- The final attestation is done in the UAE Embassy office in New Delhi or the UAE Consulate Office in Mumbai.
Finally, the attested documents are handed over to you and you are free to use them as required.
Different Documents for Different Purposes have Different Requirements
There are many different documents serving different purposes. So, you must first make a checklist of all the documents that you must get attested for a purpose. Further, there are different requirements for all of them. For example, if you wish to get your marriage certificate attested, then you require the following:
- Original marriage certificate duly attested or verified by the Home Department (General Administration Branch) of your Home State.
- Photocopies of the certificate
- Passport Copy
Some of the most common examples of documents that require attestation are:
- Birth certificate attestation
- Death certificate attestation
- Divorce certificate attestation
- Medical certificate attestation
- Marriage certificate attestation
- Religion Certificate
- Driving Licence
- NOC for purpose of travel by children
- Migration certificate (University)
- School migration certificate
- Transfer certificate attestation
- Degree Certificates or Mark sheets or transcripts
- Exam results or scorecard
- Bonafide certificate attestation
Professional or Commercial Documents:
- Experience certificate attestation
- Salary certificate attestation
- Sworn Affidavit/ Power of Attorney
- Sponsorship Declaration
The fee for attesting each one of them varies. So, check the details before proceeding with the document attestation.
Points to Remember:
- The entire process of document attestation is standardized and you have to stick to the same.
- The original certificates are sent to the local governing office responsible for that document. For example, a birth certificate will be sent to the Home State Department where the persons involved have married. Marriage certificate attestation is mandatory for the birth certificate.
- Once the authorities have recognized the certificate, it is forwarded to the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) for further verification.
- The regulations change from time to time, and it is best to check the government regulations on the official website as the very first step. This is because the government updates or changes them from time to time.
We hope this write-up proves helpful for all our readers and they can complete the attestation without any trouble.
You may also read: Why Do You Need Attestation Services in UAE?