How to get an Equivalency Certificate from the Ministry of Education, UAE?
Have you ever heard about Equivalency certificates? If you are a person working in the education sector in UAE, you will definitely need to know in detail about equivalency certificates. Through this article, we will give a detailed insight about equivalency certificates and the procedures required for getting an equivalency certificate from the ministry of education in the UAE.
What is an Equivalency Certificate?
An equivalency certification is a process through which the UAE Ministry of Education endorses the educational qualification and confirms the education that you possess to be equal to UAE standard. It involves a few procedures of certificate attestation at government departments in the country of origin of the document as well as in the UAE. In short, an equivalency certificate cross check and proves that you fit into the current job profile perfectly with regard to your qualification.
Not everyone working in the UAE needs to attain and attest an equivalency certificate. However, people belonging to certain fields should mandatorily get their equivalency certificate attested. Doctors, university professors and other professionals in scientific fields are some job sectors where equivalency certificates are compulsory.
Importance of Equivalency Certificate
If you are a person who has completed your studies outside the UAE and looks forward to working in the UAE, you really need to double check on what all certificates and records are to be presented before the interview board or management. A candidate who has completed their studies from School/colleges and universities outside the UAE must present a certificate of Equivalency for certain job categories like doctors, Professors, banking staff etc and to enroll for higher studies in the UAE.
In sectors including medical, scientific or higher grade education, you will be definitely asked to produce the equivalency certificate. This is to confirm that you are eligible to work in their firm on a particular designation. That reveals how important an equivalency certificate is.
Presenting all required documents except for the equivalency certificate can even adversely affect your job opportunity. So to avoid such a challenging situation it is necessary that you get your equivalency certificate.
Are you aware about who really needs to get an equivalency certificate? Here is the answer you are looking for.
- A foreign student who wished to enroll for higher studies in the UAE
- An expat who has secured a job in government services in UAE
- All teachers and professors (faculty) of colleges and schools
- Skilled workforce such as doctors, engineers , nurses etc.
Process & Requirements for getting an equivalency certificate from the ministry of education
Knowing all about an equivalency certificate and the importance of it, now it is time to know more about how you can get an equivalency certificate.
Obtaining an equivalency certificate is a multi-step process and requires careful attention to details, getting a document attested demands expertise and a full understanding of the procedures involved. First you need to know which are the documents required to be submitted. Knowing them prior, will help you avoid unnecessary time lag and wastage of money.
The main steps involved in procedure are:
- Ministry of Education attestation from the home country (if this is part of the attestation process in the home country)
- Notarisation of the certificate (if a copy is being attested)
- Attestation at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the issuing country
- Attestation from the UAE Embassy in the country of origin
- Attestation at the Ministry of foreign affairs in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Legal Translation of the original certificate if the certificates are not in Arabic or English
- Submission online at Ministry of Education site
The requirements for obtaining an equivalency certificate are:
- Attested Original degree certificate
- Attested transcripts (consolidated marksheet)
- Attested Higher Secondary certificate
- Attested High School certificate
- Genuity letter obtained from the respective embassy in UAE
- Passport copy
- UAE Visa copy
- Indian identity card copy
- In case of education abroad, Entry and Exit stamp is also required
How Astute Attestation helps you in getting an Equivalency Certificate?
Astute Attestation is one of the most reliable and leading companies in the Middle Easterner emirates. We offer services ranging from document attestation to family visa and typing services. Qualified and experienced professionals at Astute Attestation guides you the right way to accomplish your attestation needs. Contact us to know more.
You may also read: Importance of Certificate Attestation to Get a Job in UAE